My name's Robert, and I'm a third year Computer Science student at Carleton University. I'm studying cyber security at the moment, but I also dabble in artificial intelligence and web development. I'm currently working at Reshift Security as a Coop Software Developer. Working in cyber security, I'm both skeptical and curious, and always looking for something to solve, or something to break.
What gets me going is the fact that security is an ever-evolving thing. It's an arms race, to put it bluntly. There is always something new to be discovered, and I like to describe myself as somebody who learns whatever he can, whenever he can. Be it software, mathematics, martial arts, psychology, or even music, I'm always looking for new ways to improve my skillset, which in turn improves my work.
I still have a long way to go, but I'm glad to be on the road.
Team Member / (Sept 2021-Present)Team Canada - CyberSci
- Kali Linux
- Represented Canada at the ECSC 2021 in Prague, specializing in web, cryptography and OSINT challenges
Software Developer / (May 2021-Present)Reshift Security
- Wrote a script in Python using the GitHub API to speed up the process of curating GitHub repositories for a collaborative event by 350%
- Optimized a set of Django filters using Python dictionaries to reduce the time complexity of a lookup process by two classes
- Implemented an error handling workflow with GraphQL using inheritance to streamline integration with schemas
- Resolved a bug with a client's continuous integration workflow which resulted in the client avoiding manual security scans